Careers & Jobs
Real Estate & Rentals
Full MSN Index
Gibson still has one in the lead
Posted Nov 28, 2006
Gibson has had Alabama in the lead for quite some time; will the coaching change at Alabama alter his pecking order?
"Basically, I hate that this happened to Coach Shula. I liked him a lot, but the change will not sway my decision. I am not saying I am going to Alabama, because I really have to get to know the new staff and see what the other programs have to offer as well, but I am going to make my decision on the education factor, as well as their program. It is just not a football thing with me. I hear Coach Shula's assistants are gone as well, which hurts some, but I am still high on them. They are still my number one choice. Coach Shula's firing will not change anything," added
Has Brandon scheduled any official visits?
"I talked to Ole Miss about visiting on December 8th, but it would be tough if we make it to the championship game because it is played on the 7th. I will take an official visit there next weekend unless we make it to the state championship game. If we do make it, which I expect us to, then I will reschedule it. I will definitely be visiting Alabama, Auburn, and South Carolina as well. My last visit will most likely come down to Arkansas or West Virginial. LSU is still in the picture too."
Anymore inhome visits scheduled this week?
"I talked to coach Cooper from South Carolina last week about coming over, but nothing is scheduled yet."
What stands out about each school that Brandon is still considering?
- "I like Coach Spurrier. He is a great coach. He likes to air it out. One of my best friends, Captain Mennerlyn, is a CB for them. I promised him I would take an official visit there. He said that is what changed his mind (taking a visit to South Carolina)."
- "They are the team that showed me the most interest at the start of the recruiting process. I have been to their stadium. They get you pumped up to play. Nothing gets you excited like their fans."
- ""They have been recruiting me real hard the last couple of months. They are a new comer. They came in on me pretty late and offered me around March. They did not call much until the last month and half. Then they started calling me every Monday. Coach Saunders from Ole Miss is suppose to be coming to my house this week."
- "They have a great future and tradition. They always have a great QB and they need some WR's."
- "The have a great staff as well. I like their WR coach, Knox. They send a lot of WR's to the NFL too."
- "They are building a great team and they have a great running attack, but they like to throw the ball as well. But the big thing with Arkansas is their track program. Their track program is one of the best in the country, and I want to run track too."
When it comes decision time; what will be the main factors?
"I definitely want to get along with their staff. I do not want any problems fitting in. The offense has to have balance. You can not throw without the run. I want to go to a program that looks like it will have a good future for the next four years."
Brandon had 41 catches for 680 yards and 8 TD's through eight game of action.UMS Wright Preparatory School is now 11-2 on the season and face Eufaula in the 4th round of the playoffs Friday.
Clips from Jr Season at WR
Clips from Jr Season at S
College Coaches Visiting Brandon Gibson
Dec 1, 2006
Gibson Returns from Tuscaloosa
Nov 19, 2006
Gibson Talks Tide and Tigers
Nov 15, 2006
Get the 2014 Recruiting Yearbook and a full year of
Ole Miss Spirit
Magazine with an Annual Total Access Pass.
Free Email Newsletter
Don't miss any news or features from OMSpirit.com. Subscribe to our newsletter to have our newest articles emailed to you on a daily or weekly basis.
Click here for a
list of all Team Newsletters
Add Players to My HotList
Get free email alerts with news about your favorite players. Click name to add to
View My HotList
Copyright © 2014 Scout.com.
All rights reserved.
Terms of Service
Junior College Football
Advertise on MSN
About our ads
© 2014 Microsoft