The Rebels continued preparations for Saturday's matchup with No. 6 Alabama by practicing in full…
Pratice Report: Monday
And the matchup is only five days off. With that in mind, Coach Ed Orgeron stressed getting this week's preparations for the SEC clash started in strong fashion.
"We need to set the tempo for the week," Orgeron said earlier today.
That's exactly what happened with a crisp, full-speed, one-hour workout in shorts and shirts on the practice fields late this afternoon.
The Rebels took their first looks at Alabama's offensive and defensive schemes and then ran their own sets for 20 minutes at the end of practice.
* LEO Corvelli Haynes (shoulder) was not at practice today. No word on his return, but Orgeron said in his Monday press conference he expected Haynes to be "OK" for the game.
* In Haynes' absence, as he did against Citadel, RS frosh Chris Bowers practiced at LEO with the number one defense. . . Viciente DeLoach took LEO snaps with the number two defense.
* LG Andrew Wicker, C Darryl Harris, C/G Tony Bonds and LT Bobby Harris - all nicked up in the Citadel game - practiced today, but it's uncertain if they will work full speed when the Rebs put on pads tomorrow. All are expected to play against Bama, but their availability in practice this week is on a day-to-day basis.
* TB Mico McSwain had a heavily bandaged elbow today and did not take full speed reps. His status is day-to-day, but he's also expected to play versus the Tide.
* Senior TB Brandon Jacobs took full speed reps today with the number two offense. It is the first time in over six weeks Jacobs has practiced at full speed. It will be interesting to see if he participates in full contact drills tomorrow. We'll keep you posted.
* The Rebs ended practice with 60-yard sprints.
* Practice, in full pds, will be at 3:45 p.m. tomorrow.
OMSpirit.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Week 12 Injury Report
Dr. Roto highlights the injuries from three games: Denver @ Miami, Arizona @ Seattle and Houston @ Cincinnati. One recommendation is to definitely start Houston Texans RB Alfred Blue (pictured above)…Read More
What, and Who, to Watch
O'Malley's weekly six-pack of questions entering Saturday's showdown with Louisville in South Bend.Read More
Peterson speaks: Fresh start might be best
Adrian Peterson said he knows Vikings players and coaches love him, but there are people “internally” that haven’t been supporting him.Read More
5 NFL Games that Got Cancelled by Weather
It snowed again in Buffalo, blanketing the city and, more importantly for our purposes, Ralph Wilson Stadium in 8 feet of snow. The NFL just announced that Sunday's Bills-Jets game is bugging out.…Read More
Apache Administers Death to Taliban (VIDEO)
The Apache helicopter is one of the most famed and efficient killing machines in the U.S Army. Get the skinny on this 'steel dragon' and watch what one does to a platoon of Taliban fighters in…Read More