In three games Robert Russell has gone from not playing against Memphis to playing against…
Practice Report: Friday walk-through
* It appears the starting offensive line for the Wyoming game will be: LT Bobby Harris, LG Thomas Eckers, C Darryl Harris, RG Michael Oher, RT Tre' Stallings. . . Eckers was the starter at RG in the opener against Memphis, but frosh Oher has elevated his game to starting status. Andrew Wicker will alternate with Eckers at LG. . . . Darryl Harris is also getting his first start of the year at center. Tony Bonds, based on today's practice, will back him up.
* It does not look as if leading WR Mario Hill will play tomorrow, confirming what Coach Ed Orgeron suggested yesterday. Mario did not take any reps today at WR. . . In his place, senior Larry Kendrick was getting his reps with the number one offense. . . Also at WR, junior Milton Collins, who has been sidelined with a shoulder injury, looks to be in the WR rotation with Taye Bibble, Mike Espy and Kendrick. There also appears to be an outside chance frosh Burnell Wallace may see some action this week.
* SS Jamarca Sanford did not take reps with the first or second defense today, most likely signaling he will not play tomorrow. B. Brown was the strong safety with the first defense and Bryant Thomas was the SS with the second unit in today's workout.
* When the Rebels lined up their number one field goal unit, Robert Bass, a redshirt freshman from Pontotoc who has had very good practices this week, was the placekicker. That is certainly not set in stone - Will Moseley could get all kicks again tomorrow, but Bass was out there today when the coaches called for the number one FG unit. . . Freshman Rob Park continues to be the number one holder for placements.
* MLB Patrick Willis, as expected, did not rep today. Freshman Robert Russell will definitely start against Wyoming and sophomore Dontae Reed will be his backup. Reed had a good week of practice, so expect him to get some snaps in the game to give Robert a breather. . . With Dontae moving over from the backup slot at SLB, frosh LeRon King is now backing up starter Garry Pack at that position.
* Sophomore QB Robert Lane took all number one snaps today and will start against the Cowboys, as was discussed yesterday. When the number two offense took the field, junior Ethan Flatt, not senior Micheal Spurlock, was in the lineup. We would have to assume the decision has been made that Micheal will not play against Wyoming, but he has practiced effectively this week in a cast to protect his broken finger.
* It looks as if senior DT McKinley Boykin, senior NT Michael Bozeman and sophomore Jeremy Garrett will rotate on the interior of the DL. McKinley had a very good week of practice and appears healthier than in the first two game weeks of the season. Maybe this will be his breakout week.
* Another player who kept his top spot for the second consecutive game is TB Alan Abrams. He took most number one reps today and was backed by Mico McSwain and Jamal Pittman, who also got reps with the top offense.
* Coach Orgeron had this to say about the week's preparations. "We started off great Monday, then had a lull Tuesday that we had to correct. After we got it corrected, it's been excellent the rest of the way," he noted. "We had to get their attention Tuesday, but they responded and seem focused in on the task at hand."
* With rain predicted for tomorrow, Coach O was asked if that will affect the Rebels favorably or negatively or not at all. "I don't think rain will be a positive or negative for either team. Wind is what I would be concerned about - how it affects our passing game," He responded.
* When the Rebels left the field and went into the IPF after the walk-through, they were greeted by the Ole Miss cheerleaders, who held a private pep rally for the team.
OMSpirit.com Recommended Stories
Dr. Roto Video: Week 12 Key Matchups
Dr. Roto highlights each and every game upcoming for Week 12 and a Fantasy matchup to monitor within. Cleveland Browns WR Josh Gordon (pictured above) makes his return against the less-than-stellar…Read More
The 10 Biggest Anti-Knife Cities In The U.S.
If you're a hunter or an outdoorsman like us, chances are you carry some sort of pocket knife or multi-tool with a blade at all times. If you visit some of these cities your every-day tool could put…Read More
OU's Perine rushes into record books
Norman has seen a lot of special days, but few will compare to what Samaje Perine did Saturday in rushing for 427 yards and five touchdowns.Read More
6 Biggest Man-to-Man Rivalries in Sports
From Pierce and Lebron to Peyton and Tom to Ali and Frazier, we're celebrating love/hate on and off the field of play.Read More
Apache Administers Death to Taliban (VIDEO)
The Apache helicopter is one of the most famed and efficient killing machines in the U.S Army. Get the skinny on this 'steel dragon' and watch what one does to a platoon of Taliban fighters in…Read More
- Javon Patterson has committed to Ole Miss ...
- Memphis radio
- Rebels should give time for basketball team to gel.
- 4-Star CB Tony Bridges commits to Ole Miss
- List your favorite excuse for not building the symmetrical NEZ: